Never played cricket? No worries!
This game is for everyone, and it’s all about those feel-good vibes..
In Women’s Social Smash everyone gets a go and no one’s out. It’s a fun, fast-paced game for women of all ages.
The main objective is to join in and have a great time:
- Fresh air in the lungs and sunshine on the face
- A few extra smile lines, courtesy of some new mates
- Some brand spanking new cricket skills to show off
The program reflects the values of our wonderful women, such as a focus on health and wellbeing, social connection, and enjoyment.
With high energy modified games, it maximises time on the most entertaining components of the game and gives everyone the chance to have a go at it all. At stumps, there’s more opportunity to connect and celebrate newfound skills and friends.
So, round up your friends and take to the field this summer with Women’s Social Smash.
Let your first cricket wicket, be women’s social smash!
- Equal participation for all players
- A game for women of all ages and abilities
- Games completed in 60-90 mins
- Uses a soft ball - no padding required
- All equipment provided
- Team atmosphere
- Played for fun, nothing too serious
- Scaled field
- Make new friends
- Mix & mingle post-game
- Celebrate at end of the season
- Teams of 8 players
- 16 x 6 ball overs per innings
- 16m pitch length
- Boundary size is 30m
- Soft ball
Playing the game
- 3 fielders on each side of the pitch, bowler and wicket-keeper
- Fielders rotate one position clockwise at the end of each over
- Batters bat in pairs for 4 x 6 ball overs (regardless of dismissals)
- Overs shall be spread as evenly as possible between all players
- Wides and no balls are not re-bowled however the next delivery is a Free Hit
- Each time a wicket is taken, the fielding team shall receive 5 bonus runs which are added to their total runs scored
- The team with the highest number of runs is the winner after adding runs scored off the bat and bonus runs together